Aug 30, 2013
SoupGraphix Beer Review Every Friday.
Beer Name: Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA by Flying Dog Brewing Company
Dan: Rufffff, I’m good for one of these, then it’s bed time.
Hill: Out of office.
Brandon: Art by Ralph Steadman, 8.3 % by volume. ‘Nuff said, this stuff is awesome.
Damasso: Ask me what I like to drink with my med-rare steak, I’ll tell you: THIS!
Dustin: Now this is some good beer. As Hunter S. Thompson says "Good people drink good beer!"
Raul: The packaging was really interesting. Would it be enough to give it a try?
Nope, not for me. It ain't my cup of tea.
Myles: I have a slight itch from this stark raging bitch, that bothers the buds of my taste. The best of this brew is what Brandon drew, and the rest can all be erased.
Aug 28, 2013
Designer: Myles Mendoza
Workspace Description: I try to keep things around me that are inspiring and make me feel at home. As if inspiration from these guys isn't enough.
1) 27 inch iMac with 27 inch thunderbolt display. It's GREAT to have 2 screens at all times. One for work, the other for everything else.
2) From Up North. I'm always visiting graphic inspiration sites but this one is my favorite. Categorized for everything you want to sink your eyes into.
3) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. If you ever want great background noise to work to, the Indy series is by far the best! Docta Jones!
4) Notes and Sketches. Raul is the sketch master!
5) Tomahawk XL1481 Pocket Knife. One of the many I've started to collect. Kershaw and SOG are probably my favorites. Never leave home without it :)
6) Red Cup. How old are you? Old enough. Old enough for what? To…party.
7) Large Wacom Intuos 4. Best thing ever for Graphic Designers. Mostly use the mouse for designing logos. Switch to my stylus for Magazine Ads and everything else.
8) Headphones. Gets me "wired in."
9) Ipod 5 with Boba Fett cover. My replacement for an iPhone until I actually get one :) and yes, I am a HUGE Star Wars fan.
10) Dia de Los Muertos Skull and Skaters. My tribute to PROD….haha no the skull was a cool gift from a Mexico trip from my GF, the skaters make me wanna get outside on my board. Skateboarding for life!
Aug 27, 2013
Soup designs found this month.
Aug 23, 2013
SoupGraphix Beer Review Every Friday.
Beer Name: Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues Brewing Company
Dan: First man’s beer, I mean canned beer, for frosty Friday, super good plus I like the Red White and Blue can.
Hill: 5/5 - What the hell kind of pale ale comes in a red, white and blue can? The graphics are cheeseball. Wait a sec. 6.5% alcohol? Nice… Awesome! Best beer yet.
Brandon: Beer in a can = gross.
Damasso: Pleasantly surprised. I know what I’m drinking next time I visit Colorado. Some good’ol DALE’s PALE ALE.
Dustin: At first glance I wasn't impressed, but this beer was good. I would definitely buy again.
Raul: Dale's Pale Ale was looking pretty stale. That logo is horrendous! If you can call it that... Beer taste - priceless. Just kidding, I really don't know what it tasted like so average score: 2.5/5 stars. :D
Myles: A small can of Ale that is Pale, from Dale, brings a taste that is bitter and dark, I was not a fan of this little blue can, my review throws this beer to the sharks.
Aug 21, 2013
Designer: Hilary Paige
Workspace Description: There is always shit ton of technology coming and going from my desk. Usually the latest and the greatest in graphic design gadgetry. I also have the messiest desk of the whole team. With years of radiation exposure from sitting behind a monitor, I tend to glow at night.
1) 27" iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 32 gigs of RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive: This computer boots up quick and I recommend switching over to a Solid State Drive (SSD) or hybrid drive whenever possible. Way quicker than a standard drive.
2) 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display: The extra real estate is a must when working on design files.
3) Apple iPhone 4s: Once I switched from my HTC Droid cell to the iPhone 4s, the circle was complete. Fully committed Apple fanboi for life.
4) Apple iPad, 2nd Gen.: Another must have for a graphic designer who can't get enough of looking up stupid shit on the internet.
5) GoPro Hero3, Black Edition: Just got this recently. I'm a Contour helmet cam personally but we decided to get another helmet cam for office use. We'll see how this works out.
6) Wacom Intuos4, Large: Another must-have for any serious designer. I use this 99% of the time and only break out a mouse when I use Fireworks program (and that's only because there is currently a bug that makes the tablet unusable while in that program).
7) Sony MDR-XB700 headphones: Because I like bass big yo!
8) Klipsch THX certified surround speakers: Because when I'm not wearing my headphones and I want everyone else to listen to what I'm listening to, I turn these bad boys up to 11!
9) Personal Fan: Keeps this guy cool, when shit gets hot.
10) Apple Trackpad: Don't buy this. Total waste of money.
11) Drobo 5D: Load this thing up with 5 drives and they mount to your desktop. RAID capability. Another must have if you run an iMac and need additional drives. Thunderbolt and it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg (compared to other Thunderbolt systems). The quality is a bit suspect though. I've had issues with this thing a few times.
12) San Diego State University diploma: What??? SDSU has a design program? Ha ha ha.. Oh wait, that's where I graduated from. Damn!
13) PC, Windows XP: I do all our financial stuff on this relic. I tried Windows 8 one time. It made me want to punch a baby.