Mar 27, 2012
We wanted to show some of our designs and graphics that have been gracing some of the pages of The Skateboarding Mag, Thrasher, Racer X and TheChive.com.
Birdhouse Skateboards - Tony Hawk board graphic
HJC Helmets - CL-X6 helmet graphic
Scott MX - 350 Illusion helmet graphic
DVS X Plan B Skateboards - Torey Pudwill bear graphic
Flow Snowboards - "Boobies" snowboard graphic
Feb 06, 2012
SoupGraphix, Inc. Design Studio is currently seeking an Action Sports
Graphic Design Artist/Illustrator. We’re looking for a cutting edge
designer/illustrator who can design new, inspiring art and graphics.
We cater to all the action sports industries (MX, Snowboard, Surf,
Skateboard, Etc...). Projects include: logo design, t-shirt graphics,
magazine ads, helmet, car/truck graphics, POP, website design (not
necessary but definitely a plus), etc... Project range is wide, varied and
always changing as well as our clientele. You name it, we've probably
designed it already. If you want to know what's next in these industries
and want to help inspire where their next look and style goes, this is the
dream job for you. We don't design for one company, in one industry. We
design for all of them.
We seek a designer that works well within a group and understand the
action sports culture. The ability to get things done in a timely fashion is
must. We do good work and expect nothing less from our designers and
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Strong WORK ETHIC is a must!
- Highly creative, organized, and efficient
- The ability to think outside the box and create cutting edge, highly
creative industry leading graphics and ideas
- Willing to take direction, critiquing and make revisions as necessary
- Ability to handle multiple projects with strong attention to detail
- Good to excellent written communication skills; ability to write, edit and
proof read projects
- Produce graphic sketches and designs on the computer
- Ability to go on trips and tradeshows that could include snowboarding,
skate, surf, riding dirtbikes, etc....
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-3+ years graphic design experience
- Knowledge of the action sports industry a plus
- Displays initiative and innovation on the job
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of all design related programs and languages on MAC
including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Web design ability is
also a big plus. Knowledge of Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks is helpful
but not necessary for this job.
- Must be highly motivated, possess good communication skills and have
the ability to work together with the design team
If interested please email resume, salary history, and portfolio through
Malakye.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org.***
*** All of the following must be included to be considered:
- YOU MUST PROVIDE US WITH A ".PDF" PORTFOLIO. NO DIGITAL
PORTFOLIO, NO CONSIDERATION FOR THE POSITION. Basically, if you send
us an email that does not include some sort of samples of your work, we
will instantly throw it in the trash. Please don't waste your time or ours.
- IF YOU ARE STILL LEARNING PHOTOSHOP OR ILLUSTRATOR, DON'T
KNOW THE MEANING OF "Clipping Paths", MAKING PRETTY GREEN AND
RED CIRCLES WITH HAND DRAWN SMILEY FACES, THIS IS NOT THE JOB FOR
YOU. We are looking for a higher caliber designer/illustrator that can
compliment our existing portfolio. We won't hold your hand and we don't
want to explain why the "Magic Wand" isn't really all that magical.
- PLEASE PUT IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE, "Hi Soup, I want the job!". Otherwise,
your submission will probably go into our junk folder.
- This position is for an in-house designer.
Feb 06, 2012
New Action Sports Adventure Series
We finally rounded out our first comic book series called, "The Gimmies". It's about a group of rag-tag bunch of kids who selfishly defend their session spots from the evil of corporate greed and development. They use their wit, charm and some-what special abilities to tear up everything near and far as well keep themselves out of serious trouble.
Read up more on, The Gimmies by visiting their websites.
The Gimmies Website:
The Evil Slick Industries Website:
The Gimmies Facebook page:
Hope you all like. If you have any feedback on the story or artwork, please let us know.
Jan 31, 2012
Soup Goes SIA
We sent Dan on a quick and dirty trip to Denver, CO to visit some of our clients and see what's new at the Snowsports Industries America 2012 Tradeshow. As always, it's fun to see what each manufacturer is coming out with and how they are shaping the snowsports industry. By far the snowsports push the limits of art and design in their products.
Jan 31, 2012
Our wakeboard designs for both Bylerly and Hyperlite Wakeboards are hitting stores now. We're pretty stoked on how these turned out and can't wait to see them in person. Take a quick little look at what we did.